Saturday 19 July 2014

The accident happened for a reason

Sore. That is how my whole body feels right now. My scooter accident last Thursday, 17 July 2014 left me with a fracture in my right hand,bruised and swollen knees, chest and left arm. Yes, you bet I’m in a lot of pain but I’m thankful just the same I am able to walk, albeit slow, and that myfunctional faculties, mental and psychological, are intact. Isn’t that pure miracle?

While I may be battered and bruised physically, the accident has strengthened my faith for things happening for a reason and somehow made me accept what has happened. Someone up there truly loves me and is watching, notonly me but the other driver being a minor, for us surviving all that with “just” fractures and bruises. Truth is, I felt calm through it all, full of profuse thanks to the powerful intervention of someone up there, acknowledging the accident to happen the way HE wanted it to be. How ever so, you may ask. Well, let me walk you through my day before the accident happened.

17 July 2014
Lunchtime. My work for the day has progressed with speed and as I have planned it to be and have ample of time to tie up a few things and finish an hour earlier. My son then called reminding me of things to buy on my way home, as he’s been busy preparing his pack and gears for his summer camp the following day. He’s all too excited to even ask me if he could come by my office so he could join me in getting the items he needed, and that he’ll take the bus and join me in my scooter on our way home or he’s bike to my workplace since the shop is right next to my office. I thought it was a good idea, but towards the end of our conversation, I decided against him coming to my office. I told him we’d get his stuff on our way to the airport tomorrow. He pleaded and begged, but I said no. He was, of course, disappointed – and in the same breadth rambled on the list of items he want to bring with him and he sent mean email requesting a colour-print of a picture he wanted me to bring home. Well past 15.00 hrs, I wrapped up work for the day and headed for home. The accident then took place at around 15.45 hrs.

Now, can you imagine if I had my son on the same scooter on my way home? Had he been riding alongside with me in his own bicycle, it would have been him getting struck by the other biker, or us both. These were the instantaneous thought I had in mind as I lay helpless on the road and was equally concerned for the other biker.

Things do happen for a reason. Any which way you look at it, I’m still the luckiest gal on this planet – and I’m feeling all the love andblessings of His grace and is forever grateful. And so should you.

No comments:

Post a Comment